Decrease text size Increase text size      
  0333 321 4060 (England, Scotland & Wales)
telephone us
email us

We understand buying or selling your home can be a stressful process. With so many different factors to consider (location, size, retirement village escape or a city 2nd home?), at RHS we’ve complied a list of frequently asked questions to help answer any questions you may have.

About properties:

How can I find your range of properties?

A: You can search for properties on our website and locate your specialist Area Property Consultant there too or you can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call us 0333 3214060 and we will happily talk through the options with you

How can I sell my property?
A: Just contact us, our experienced team are here to guide you.

Can I buy, sell and move with just RHS?
A: Yes Retirement Homesearch has everything covered – a great range of properties to buy, our RHS Assured guaranteed buyer service to help sell your property, and our RHS legal, specialist retirement solicitors to handle your conveyance

Can I view a property?
A: If it is on the market with Retirement Homesearch, then yes you can. Our onsite Development Manager will be able to show you around and answer all your questions about living onsite. Contact your area Property Consultant or call 0333 321 4060

Can I have pets?
A: In most cases, with the consent of the Landlord, this will be possible but do talk to us as requirements can vary at different developments.

Are your properties freehold or leasehold?
A: Most of our apartments are leasehold but we also offer some freehold bungalows and terraced properties so you can find the property that is right for you.

Can I smoke in my property?
A: Your chosen retirement property is your own home, so if you wish to smoke inside it you can. However, communal areas such as hallways and lounges are shared with non- smokers so those are no-smoking zones.

Are they furnished?
A: The majority of our flats will be marketed with carpets, curtains and light fittings but do look at the individual property particulars as sometimes sellers may wish to include more items. If you are not sure then please ask your Area Property Consultant

Do you have car parking?
A: In most developments there will be a carpark for residents use but spaces are rarely allocated in the lease. Most developments will have their own system so do ask this question of the Development Manager when you view. Many developments also offer buggy stores.

What’s the difference between your retirement villages and city properties?
A: A retirement village, such as Royal Haslar, is planned as a community in itself offering a range of shops, community spaces, gym and even a public house. A city property will most usually be a block of apartments located close to all the amenities you will require.

Part exchanging and other services:

Can I part exchange against my current property?
A: Our Part Exchange providers will buy most properties, anywhere across England Wales and Scotland. Including leasehold, ex-local authority, Grade II listed and age restricted properties.

What is part exchange?
A: Part exchange is the sale of your home to an investment company which enables you to purchase a new home without the need to wait to sell your own in the conventional manner. Although the offer will typically be less than what may be achieved by selling on the open market it offers a range of benefits: speed, certainty, less hassle, option to stay in your former home even once it is bought so you can prepare your new home.

What is RHS Assured?
A: RHS Assured is like a traditional part exchange…only better as is it leaves you free to purchase any property you want. Unlike other exchange services that require you to buy a premium priced apartment, with RHS Assured you have complete freedom to buy your dream home, whatever it is. Even if you decide to rent your next property, we can still help you sell your existing home. Any offers made are completely free and carry no obligation, giving you total peace of mind. Want to know more email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Do you provide legal advice
A: If you are looking for a UK based SRA regulated, retirement specialist solicitor and want to benefit from a dedicated conveyancing team with years of experience buying and selling Retirement Homesearch listed properties? If so then let us obtain you a free no obligation conveyancing quote from our RHS Legal Services solicitors.

Find out more

Can you guarantee my home sale?
A: We will do our best! However, please note your home sale will be subject to a successful survey – free and without obligation - and contract report.

What if I change my mind with a sale?
A: We hope we will have ensured you have all the information needed to make the right decision, but we know that circumstances can suddenly change. Our RHS Legal solicitors work on a no sale, no fee basis so right up to exchange of contracts you can withdraw without penalty.

Do you offer care staff?
A: No, the properties marketed with Retirement Homesearch do not offer personal care. Should you require additional physical support then you are of course able to bring outside services in. However, these costs would be in addition to your service charge. At Independent Living sites you will benefit from a Development Manager who oversees the administration of the site and can contact next of kin in an emergency as well as a 24 hour Appello call system, meaning there is someone at the end of the line no matter what the emergency. Our Assisted Living sites are staffed with Managers 24 hours a day and your service charge will include weekly assistance with cleaning your apartment.

Can someone buy a property on my behalf?
A: In most cases yes as any age restriction at a development is usually on occupation. However, some leases do have an age restriction on ownership. If you let us know which development you are interested in our expert team will always be able to confirm this for you, so please just contact us.

Get In Touch

If you would like further information on any of our services, or to arrange a valuation please get in touch using the details below or by filling out the contact form.

Queensway House
11 Queensway
New Milton
BH25 5NR

0333 321 4060

united kingdom

Retirement Homesearch want to find the property that’s right for you and help you secure it. We will only use the personal information you share with us to tell you about RHS products and services that can help make that happen. By signing up you have agreed for us to send you emails, newsletters and special offers from time to time. You can opt out at any time. You and your privacy are very important to us. You can read our full Privacy Policy here, and Terms and Conditions here which details precisely how we use information that you provide, how dedicated we are to protecting it and the rights and options you have. You will shortly be receiving an email which details instructions on how to update your contact preferences. Thank you.

Please note, we can only help with enquiries about properties being bought or sold through Retirement Homesearch, or from clients wishing to instruct us to do so. We cannot advise on properties being bought via other estate agents.

If your query relates to any FirstPort management or account issue please visit or call 0333 321 4041

The Property Ombudsman Trading Standards Rightmove Zoopla Primelocation